An Enemy Rush

Thursday, March 27, 2008

      post #9075523357906336613

Just finished NDP recording. The recording was yesterday from 2pm to 9.30pm and today from 2pm to 6.30pm and we had to record 5 NDP songs which will be broadcasted on National Day itself. It's not like we will get to perform, nor will we get free tickets.

I missed the recording. It was definitely more fun than the VSchoir's recording of Go Forth with Pride and Keeping the Dream Alive, even though it was more tiring. I guess it's the environment, because the studio is rather big, and we had 1 or 2 microphones per section. We could actually hear what the girls were gossiping because the microphones were very sensitive. It was fun laughing at Abel's early entry, Reuben's and Wayne's crack and Mr Chua's workout. I think we did a very good job... we worked very efficiently and completed the 5 songs on time. Well done!

It feels sad to think that the recording is over and we won't be doing such recordings in the near future. But I know I should not feel sad because now I have happy memories, and it beats having no memories at all.

I dunno why but in every alternate post, I must complain about my studies. I lack the time and motivation to do my tutorials and read through lecture notes. I really need to do a lot of catching up. I don't have time during the weekdays. Mondays and Wednesdays are choir practice days. Schools ends very late on Tuesdays and Fridays, and I will somehow be busy on Thursdays. But when weekends arrive, I will declare myself a holiday and slack the whole time. That's why I will never get my work done.

Not say very happy with my Maths common test, because I don't think I did my best. I lost to all the VS 4A people in my class haha, that means to say, Jun Yuan and Ryan. Both of them score 49/50. And my first GP essay isn't very good too, scored an E grade. It sounds very lousy right? In secondary school it's equivalent to a C6. E sounds like you fail terribly. And there's GP test tomorrow. I don't really intend to study. I think I'll just go and screw up the paper.

Saturday is coming. Every saturday I always wonder whether I should go for choir practice or Maths Olympiad training at NUS. It's a rare opportunity to be selected to attend such trainings. I am also using that excuse for not attending VJC's own maths trainings because the latter clash with choir practices on Mondays. I know I am already being excused from Saturday morning choir practices, but it sucks not going for every choir practice since the start of the year. Yeah so far I have skipped every single morning choir practice. NUS is so far away, and the time needed to travel is around 2 hours. Sometimes the lessons are not really worth it, like the 2 combinatorics lessons because the lecturer (Mdm Teo's husband) didn't teach much and just spent time talking to us about other stuffs. I saw some combinatorics notes on his table which was for class in term 3 I think, and couldn't stand not learning anything from there, I took pictures of the notes and read it on my way back to school. I saw a lot of stuffs which I have never thought before, such as:

Question
Express in terms of n: 1(nC1) + 2(nC2) + ... + n(nCn), whereby nCr = n!/[r!(n-r)!]

Solution
Consider (1+x)n = 1 + (nC1)x + (nC2)x2 + (nC3)x3 + ... + (nCn)xn.

Differentiate w.r.t x: n(1+x)n-1 = 1(nC1) + 2(nC2)x + 3(nC3)x2 + ... + n(nCn)xn-1

Substitute x = 1 and we will get our answer of n(2n-1).

I don't think I want to learn those stuffs which have already been taught in secondary school. Total waste of my time. I should have gone for choir practices then. But last Saturday's lesson was interesting. It talked about the imaginary unit i which is the sqaure root of -1, something which I have always been interested in. So I don't really know if the next lesson will be worth going or not. And if I can't make up my mind, I guess I will just go for the NUS training because that is my routine.

Ahh, just 3 more weeks and it's over. I can't wait to go for Saturday morning practice.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

<< Home