An Enemy Rush

Sunday, February 24, 2008

      post #894984133608562514

1) I need to be more committed in the things I do.

I don't know why I don't feel as committed as before. I missed 2 consecutive Saturday practices. Last time I used to take practices very seriously, making sure I attend every single one of them punctually. Especially now that I have been chosen as the next Student Conductor, I must devote more time to choir. Perhaps it is because that I have been chosen as one, I start to take practices less seriously? I know that if I continue doing this, the time will come when I will not be respected by the choir any more. This will definitely have an adverse effect on the choir.

I am also starting to skip lectures. The urge to gain more knowledge just isn't there like before. Every time I go to a lecture theatre, I will start to either fall asleep, day-dream or SMS friends (LT1 and LT5 have relatively good receptions ;) ). I kept telling myself that I will study at home but that isn't the case. I recall what my sister told me yesterday: her university fees are very expensive, and she calculated that on average, each lecture costs $100+, so it serves as a motivation for her to pay attention. Hopefully this can somehow motivate me as well. JAE is just over, so it's time to buck up and "not let your (my) work snowball".

2) I have to become less arrogant.

Coming to VJC has changed me totally. I feel that I am not my usual self when I came here. Maybe it is the presence of girls. Maybe I am trying to put on a false front. I don't know how to change myself. Should I just be my normal self? How am I able to do that?

There's just... something very wrong with me since the start of this year.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

<< Home