An Enemy Rush

Thursday, January 17, 2008

      post #7455495399409743364

Rarrh I need to rant!

2 days ago when I boarded the bus, I noticed that when I tapped my EZ-link card, there was only 1 beep rather than 2 beeps for concession. Feeling strange, when I alighted the bus I tapped again, only realizing that I was charged the adult fare (90+ cents I think) rather than the normal 45 cents.

Hence yesterday, I thought I can make a trip to Bedok Interchange before going to school to find out why my card is so weird. Maybe because I have not renewed my card yet. I boarded service 222 and paid cash (55c). Why would I want to pay the adult fare just for the trip right?

So what happened was that the bus driver asked me to show him my EZ-link card to prove that I was a student. I thought, hey, I was in VJC uniform (actually, VS uniform with the VJC collar pin), it was rather obvious that I was a student. Nonetheless I showed him my card. He then asked me to tap my card onto the reader. I was feeling quite surprised because I thought my card was enough to prove that I was a student. I even explained to him that I would be charged the adult fare and I was about to go to Bedok Interchange to renew it (or at least find out why my card did not automatically renew itself). Despite my explanation, he told me to tap it anyway and reassured me that he would cancel the deduction.

And so I did.

And he confiscated my card!

At first I didn't know what was happening. I tapped my card and he immediately cancelled the deduction. But he took my card and wrote some stuffs on a piece of paper, and later handed to me a receipt saying that my card has been confiscated. I was shocked! I explained to him again that I was on my way to the interchange to renew my card but he refused to listen. What frustrated me the most was that he refused to offer any explanations on why he retained my card!

In the end I had to alight at Bedok Interchange and walk for one bus stop to take a bus to school (service 222 doesn't go VJC). That means I wasted one adult trip without doing anything meaningful (meaningful as in I would have renewed my card at Bedok).

That spoiled my mood for the whole day. In the receipt I was told to call them after 5 working days, which means for the whole of this week and part of next week, I have to use cash to pay for my fares. Good grief!

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home