An Enemy Rush

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

      post #2637747576311664974



This is perfect for contract bridge. I will bid 6NT right away, even though my partner may not have the King of Clubs or the Ace of Hearts to support me. But with 11 trick comes the 12th trick!

Unfortunately, I was playing the game called HEARTS. At the first look, you will exclaim, "What a good hand to Shoot the Moon!" But after a while, you realise: the key card is missing, the Ace of Hearts.

So what? Is it impossible to Shoot the Moon (win the Queen of Spades and all 13 Hearts)? Well, yes, actually. You have to lead the Two of Clubs first (mandatory opening lead), after which you are stuck with all the high cards (except hearts) with no way to duck any tricks. So maybe you're hoping that the person holding the Ace hearts will probably discard it on any of my Diamonds or Spades lead? Well, no way, with the best play.

I got myself 22 points for that round (the person holding Ace Hearts taking 4 points). But surprisingly I won that game and broke my losing streak of 7 games!

Anyway, I had this hand after the transfer of the 3 cards, because I was hoping the Ace of Hearts will be dealt to me. Ah well... better luck next time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home