An Enemy Rush

Saturday, November 24, 2007

      post #5884030613869392762

Chris Adamson, an editor at O'Reilly Books in California recommends thinking of devices as having a short life span, say three to four years.

"If it fails after that period, accept that you've gotten your value out of it and get something new"

- The Straits Times, Digital Life, 20/11/07 Page 12.


Maybe I should get a new computer or something. I am booting my computer in safe mode now, and now I think it's using 256 colours, which is worst than how I expected my computer to load this morning (also in safe mode).

It just feels like I am living in the late 20th century. Even the Windows 95 icons are much prettier than my current icons. Since when did you last see a cylinder icon as your recycle bin?! [Just a side note, I have two recycle bins - one of them is a fake.]

And I am really using Live Messenger (version 8.1). The icon at the notification area makes it as if I am using Windows Messenger which is some half a dozen years ago kinda thing.

The chances of a successful bootup of my computer is roughly 20% even if I try to boot in safe mode. There is nothing much I can do about it except to keep waiting and waiting... and waiting.

Does anyone have a boot disc for Windows XP (Home Edition)?

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home