An Enemy Rush

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

      post #5428949936051507738


Seldom do you see an "A" grade for a food store. Only those store owners who emphasize much on hygiene and cleaniness will be awarded the grade. In VJC, I am extremely awed especially by this canteen store which received an A. It is so rare that a store serving hundreds of students per day at relatively cheap prices (as compared to outside) can maintain its hygiene standards. I decide to try the food there.

With extreme enthusiasm, the auntie starts to prepare the food for me. She takes so much pride in her work such that she washes her hands every time. I can see that as her whole arm is shiny because of the oil water. And she ensures that the water used to wash her hands do not get into the food, by dripping the water onto the floor...

Wow the floor is so shiny. The floor in my house does not shine so well no matter how much I clean it.

After some 5 minutes of preparing the food, and that is when many people who bought from other stores are already halfway into their meals, she finally prepares her final combination. She pours the rice onto a plate which seems like it contains a layer of dust. She takes a bowl straight from the sink and rinsed with water before pouring curry into it. She collects money from me with the same hands she used to handle food. The coins she returns are oily anyway. Oh the sink is half-filled with orange-yellow water. Yucks...

I have promised myself to refrain from eating at that store ever again. I cannot stand it every time I buy from that store. Like what Ryan said, when you buy from that store, you have to turn your back while the auntie prepares the food.

I am a very civilised blogger. In order to respect the privacy of that stall, I shall NEVER EVER reveal the identity of that stall. Do not bother asking me too because I will not disclose the name of that stall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home