An Enemy Rush

Sunday, March 02, 2008

      post #8919644105394279857

PE lessons in VJC are very 'hiong', or demanding for those who don't understand. For every two-period PE lesson, we had to run around 4km at East Coast Park and strenous exercises which help build on our muscles. For third-period PE we do the same minus the running. I know it sounds quite little to all those in sports because they do a lot more running during their physical trainings. But for an unfit choir guy like me, I don't really enjoy doing them.

But they do work. I just had a mock NAPFA test which you have to obtain D or above for pull-up, standing broad jump and 2.4km run in order to pass and not attend third-period PE lessons. Pull-up was a breeze because I needed 4 to get D, but I know I could do 5 since last year. For standing broad jump, it was because my PE teacher, Miss Ng, was lenient enough to allow everyone to do a few times. And for me, I cheated a little because my final position of my feet was a V shape rather than a 11 shape. For 2.4km run, my timing last year was 13+ minutes. I needed a 12:50 in order to pass (or rather, to get D). In the end I got myself a 12+ minutes, nearly improved by 1 whole minute. That is something not really achieveable as easily as one can think, and I must really thank the 'hiong' PE lessons for making me pass.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home