An Enemy Rush

Saturday, February 16, 2008

      post #7639709128592231848

Blah, JC life is so hectic. Lessons end at 3+ pm on some days and 5.30pm on Fridays. Choir practices end at 7+ pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and now Thursdays. If I were to continue Bridge trainings next term, then I can only go home at 6pm on Thursdays. I have to prioritize on Saturdays. Maths Olympiad training from 9.30am to 12.30pm at NUS and choir practice from 9am to 3+ pm. I could have easily rejected the trainings and go for practices instead, but that was what I did since 3 years ago and I don't want to let this opportunity slip past.

Tutorials are so fun. Every day we sit in and go through questions which nobody does at home. "Cannot let your work snowball ah," says Mrs Ang (Maths teacher) every time she catches me with a blank piece of paper in front of me. The lessons now are so different from secondary school ones. Everything is done so systematically. Lectures are lectures. Tutorials are tutorials. In secondary school, the teachers can lecture us depending on the pace of the class. Then they will tell us to do which questions as homework. In JC, you have to do the tutorial questions yourself. There is no one to tell you to do them, it's up to your own initiative.

Next Monday is the last day of lessons before we get a long break. I'm looking forward to that. But meanwhile, I think I should go mug as much as possible. I don't understand anything about Bonding for Chemistry. I almost failed Physical Geography quiz. I dunno how to apply the trigonometry formulae. The problem is, I can't mug as well as Rajesh. Every morning you hear, "Can I borrow your _______ notes?" (fill in _______ with any topic). Early morning isn't a good time to mug because you get distracted easily. Breaks are out too, because food is more important and you can't mug in 10 minutes. Mugging at home is a big no-no, because one long day of work, you know you need some time to slack, to play, to flirt with girls, to sleep. Unless you flirt with girls or sleep during lectures, but that means you gotta do more work at home, meaning lesser time to flirt and sleep. Then the cycle continues.

Being sick isn't a very good thing. Because you lie on the bed for hours, you start getting philosophical. You start wondering about things you have never wondered about. You start to wonder whether having 6 toes on one foot is cool. You start to wonder if people talk about you behind your back. You start to wonder when your fever will subside. You start to wonder why you are blogging this post. You start to wonder where your blog post will end.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home