An Enemy Rush

Sunday, March 02, 2008

      post #5102632546588388901

Do you realise that once you need to habitually do something, you will do it subconsciously even if the situation changes? Mdm Tazneen once told the class this (and I heard from Ling Chung that she tells this to every class): An owner of a dog would ring a bell every time there was lunch for the dog. The dog would then run out to the garden to enjoy his meal. This happened every time such that one day, when the owner just rang the bell without preparing any food, the dog would just automatically run to the garden. The owner did this for 3 consecutive days before the dog understood and stopped going to the garden.

Btw she went on to say how many times different animals needed to understand. She was using it as an analogy to illustrate that since we are humans, we will only need to listen to her once before we can get her homework done.

Now here's something to prove her wrong.

Remember the familiar black-and-yellow humps that you see on roads? And yeah I said "humps". Look at this picture.

This is a picture I took at the carpark just in front of my block. Notice that this is not a hump but flat ground with black and yellow stripes painted over it. But whenever I walk past this area, I will automatically lift my leg so that I can "step on higher ground", when in fact the ground is flat.

Hmmm, maybe I have become a dog anyway.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home