An Enemy Rush

Friday, November 30, 2007

      post #1175162528037133227

Bought a 5x5x5 Rubik's cube a few days ago. "Professor cube" as they call it. Solving it is just like the normal 3x3x3 Rubik's cube with a few steps in front to make the 5x5x5 look like a 3x3x3 (namely, grouping the centres, grouping the sides and solving parity errors). After playing my cube for a few days, I was so full of myself that I decided to try a 7x7x7 cube! Of course I don't think I can find a real 7x7x7 cube in stores so easily, so I used a programme GabbaSoft Cube to simulate one.



This is after 46 minutes of work trying to group all the centres together! I spent more than half an hour trying to group the last 2 centres because there were 25 squares for each centre and it was very hard to manoeuvre them around.



A few minutes later... hey now there is some pattern there already!



Aha! Now this looks like a 3x3x3 cube. No parity errors to fix... lucky me.



About 4 minutes later, I have successfully solved a 7x7x7 cube! Took me more than an hour to do that, because about half the time was spent trying to figure out how to solve the last 2 centres.



Playing around with the cube after some 1 hour of cube-solving.



Checkerboard! This can only be done on cubes with odd number of sides (3, 5, 7, etc).



I need to solve more cubes like that (or even bigger sizes) to help pass time. Otherwise it will be so boring during these holidays. Luckily GabbaSoft Cube allows up to 20x20x20. *toothy grin*

Right. I am beat already.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home