An Enemy Rush

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

      post #2357374240809145146

I'm not here to blog about the number of presents I received for Christmas.

I'm not here to blog about Christmas in the first place.

I'm here to blog about subject combination for my next 2 years.

I am taking General Paper (GP) instead of Knowledge & Inquiry (KI) because I feel that KI is too difficult for me. My "england" isn't good to begin with and I don't "read widely" so I guess KI is not for me. I definitely have to take Mother Tongue (MT) and Project Work (PW).

Because I was posted to the Science stream, I have to take mathematics, 2 sciences and 1 arts/humanities subject, or take mathematics, 1 science, economics, and 1 more arts/humanities subject. I prefer to take physics and chemistry rather than one of them plus economics because those sciences are stronger. I am not taking Biology because it's my weakest science among the 3. So I am taking mathematics, physics and chemistry.

Now deciding the arts/humanities subject is a bit of a headache. I am these choices: Mother Tongue Language and Literature, Third Language, Art, Economics, Geography, History, English Literature, Theatre Studies and Drama, Music and China Studies in English.

After striking out most of the subjects I am not interested in (in fact I am not interested in all, but I still have to take 1), I am left with Economics and Geography. I thought I could leave it until after school reopens to choose, but alas, just checked the VJC website yesterday and they told us to choose by 2nd January. So no choice.

I consulted my father 2 days ago and he told me that I should choose a subject which should score me the most points, and not one which will be useful the next time I go to work. Logically it should also be a subject which I am most interested in. Even though Economics may be a very popular subject, and it is necessary next time I go to work, but I am not interested in it. Furthermore, what is being taught is only the very basic which can be understood by observing. I am fairly interested in Geography, plus they don't teach boring stuffs like agriculture and manufacturing so most probably I will take it.

So my final subject combination: GP + PW + MT + H2 maths + H2 physics + H2 chemistry + H1 geography (10 academic units). This further gives me space to take up to 2 H3 subjects (probably maths and physics). Anyone taking PCMG in VJC as well??

Oh yeah, choosing CCA is another headache. But fortunately I think I don't have to choose it before school reopens.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home