An Enemy Rush

Sunday, December 10, 2006

      post #1669851994563432802

My computer is finally fixed! Haha. The person said my computer's hard disk has got a problem so he changed the hard disk for me. Managed to restore my files though... he transferred (almost) EVERYTHING from my old hard disk to this current one, lol. Plus he upgraded my RAM from 256MB to 512MB. He said because I use too many heavy applications like Macromedia products, so I would need more memory.

Ok, so I returned to Singapore on Thursday evening. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I saw Mr Kwei at the shopping centre on Thursday afternoon, so asked him about the workshop, which he said has been changed to 8.30am at TKSS. Lucky I asked, haha. Yeah so went home to shower, then unpack some of the stuffs and sleep.

Woke up at 7+ am the next morning and headed to TKSS for workshop. Mr Kwei was there with Dr Joshua Habermann. In the morning Dr Habermann lectured us on pronunciation of words, then gave us some examples from Spanish, French, German and Italian. After that he worked on some warmups before going on to correct a SSA choir (consisting of Bowen and Temasek Chorale) on "Everyone Sang", set piece for SYF 2007 by Ko Matsushita.

After lunch we came back and this time we were used as guinea pigs. Combined with AHS, Cat High and TKSS, we were quite a strong choir. Haha. Sang "Everyone Sang". He used us to teach rehearsal techniques.

After that we were each given 14 scores to sight-read. I couldn't sight-read most of the scores so I just tried to sing along with others. Could hear Mr Kwei singing quite loudly. Behind both Joshua (Cheong, not Habermann) and I were 2 male altos who were singing quite loudly. Their tone was really very nice. I wished I could have such an alto voice as well. Haha.

Okay anyway, at home I was re-doing the warmups Dr Habermann did and I realised that the head tone that I used to be thinking seem to be different from what Dr Habermann said. Or maybe it's the same, just that I managed to merge it with my chest voice subconsciously. I am not very sure. He gave this exercise which started from quite high and he said it's better to start from head tone down instead of pushing chest voice up. Hmmm.

Woke up quite early again on Saturday. Gabriel Chee, Tan Wei Liang, Jun Yuan and Benjamin Lin went to Parkway Parade first I guess, then I met them on a 43 bus (haha no lah, it was planned, because I did not want to wake up so early). They bought a card and a box of chocolate for Mr Pang. Oh yeah I just reminded myself that I haven't paid them yet.

It was kind of weird inside the church not because I am not a Christian, but because we have to say "Brian" instead of "Mr Pang". Gabriel was like telling the person, "We are Mr... no no, Brian's students." We met this very old classmate of Mr Pang who showed us the way up, and we chatted with him for a while. I was quite surprised when he asked, "So, who is your form teacher?"

Okay so inside the church, we saw Mr Alvin You and Mr Denny Aw Yong. Well we saw Mr Aw Yong only towards the end of the ceremony, he was a few seats behind us. And of course we saw Mr Pang, haven't seen him for quite some time already... he looked very smart and happy, of course.

By the way, I haven't heard Mr Pang sing before, other than the National Anthem (and he always tells us to "Sing the Anthem!"). He sang in front of his fiancee during the proposal (they showed us the video) and as well as in front of his wife in front of everyone in the church. It is really true that nothing beats the power of love.

I was like joking that everyone who attended the church were his students and he was there standing and lecturing. Well it turned out to be quite true. He accidentally said, "Before we dismiss... ..." Haha.

Okay after lunch at the reception area I went home to sleep. At night the guy who fixed my computer came and returned my CPU. So from last night until now I had quite a hard time transferring my files back to their original locations, as well as installing programmes that I use. I think right now I will just leave it as it is first, most of the programmes that I use frequently are already installed already.

By the way, this is one paragraph that I find quite meaningful. It looked quite dumb at first, but as I read again, I understand its meaning:
You always ask me why I love you so much. That is a tough question to answer because loving you needs no reason because if the reason is no longer there, then would my love stop?

I love you. Period.

~ Mr Brian Pang

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home