An Enemy Rush

Friday, December 08, 2006

      post #973916343822472379

Computer sent for repair on Saturday. They say they are sending it back soon. So meanwhile I'm blogging somewhere else.

Saturday night my house suddenly had a power failure. While I was sleeping, I heard the circuit breaker trip and my fan switched off automatically, so went to check. Luckily I read some Physics stuffs on electricity before, then manage to restore it back, but then it tripped again like 1 second later.

Went everywhere to check then managed to find one of the sockets was the cause. Unplugged the plug and solved everything, haha. Then tried to go back to sleep because I was feeling very sleepy.

Went to Malacca from Monday to Thursday for Jubilate II, a choral festival. Reached school at 6++ am and did some admin stuffs before going to Malaysia. Second stop at Malaysia was JusCo shopping centre. Miss Lau lame sia, went in then saw a jewellery shop called "Poh Kong". She was like saying, "Aiya, wasted, why not Pock Thong?" -.- Managed to find the food court after walking around a bit. Den ate and nearing our assembly time Justin, Maung Myo and I had to wait for Peng Hock (all my group members and apartment mates) to buy the cup noodles. Late by 3 minutes but I think Miss Lau was late too haha.

Went to Watercity Resort. Went for a practice with AJChoir and Mr Kwei first before we were issued our room. The only thing that pissed me off that day was when Mr Kwei asked Peng Hock to play the piano part for Gesu Bambino and he simply refused without trying. In the end Mr Kwei had to play and there was no conductor.

Then went back and went to our apartments. Only Eric Wong's group and my group had a 2-room apartment each (fits 4 people), the others stayed in 3-room ones, so many groups had to split. And in each room there were only 2 toilets so we are quite lucky haha. It's quite all right except that it was quite dirty. Haha. Luckily Justin bought a big bottle of water, then we all shared and the bottle was refilled every day. Lol.

Okay so at night was the performance for the 5 sing-along Christmas songs, as well as Gesu Bambino and Gaude Maria. Quite all right lah, except that because I didn't memorise the Christmas songs, and I was on stage for 2 Christmas songs, so I was simply trying to follow the others. I can get the notes but not the words, hehe. The other 3 Christmas songs were sung at our own seats and the 2 performance songs were okay. It's just that Johnnie (afterward) said that he can't hear us, only can hear AJChoir singing.

I think I slept at around 1+ am that night, because I was chatting with Maung Myo for a long while before sleeping, haha.

Okay next day we had sectionals and practice. I realised I could sing quite high in real voice, even in the morning, haha. Anyway, we were brought to JusCo for shopping again because Miss Lau was afraid that we might need to buy some food or something. I went to play at the arcade instead. Lol.

Went back and realised I couldn't sing high notes. I think it's because I talked too much on the way back and forth. But doesn't really matter, I didn't have to sing that night, had to conduct.

I forgot why I was not in a good mood that night. Then during the performance it was worsened because the choir didn't do well for all the songs. Wind Beneath My Wings was flat for most of the parts even with the piano, Tantum Ergo was messy and Wawaki was rushing like crazy.

Decided to hang out a bit at Robin's apartment (also Eric's). Played cards with Robin, Jonathan Teo and Sherman Lim. Then Chan Wei came and Sherman went to sleep, so 4 of us played Daidee. Lights out was supposed to be at 10.30pm but we were still playing until 11pm when Miss Lau knocked onto the door. Chan Wei and my plan was to hide in the toilet with one of the members then someone to open the door and pretend everything was fine. In the end Eric didn't open the door at all and spoiled everything. Miss Lau waited in the living room, Chan Wei and I decided to own up while in the toilet. Well it's not exactly Eric's fault or what, it's our fault for staying up in their room and disrupt their supposedly sleeping time. Sorry!

Oh yeah, and Johnnie told me that the choir disappointed him, or something like that. I dun think that was his exact words, but I guess that's what he meant. I mean, his gang (or maybe it's him only) was cheering for us just before we went up to sing. Haix sorry sorry.

Okay so 2nd day was the worst day of the whole trip.

3rd day. Just jump straight to the SYF presentation night. Screwed up. For the whole of Credo I wasn't really singing but I was actually listening to the choir. The chords were very strange and off. Noyosa was better than Credo, managed not to rush because of constant reminders just before the performance, haha.

Decided to slack at Robin's apartment again. Chan Wei and I taught Jonathan and Sherman how to play bridge. Fun and strategic game. Not bad, both of them managed to learn quite fast. Well that's thanks to Chan Wei and me. =D

Oh yeah, Johnnie came to that apartment and said he was looking for me haha. I somehow knew what he was going to say, but I didn't think he said it lah. I was quite sleepy at that time also.

Went back and Miss Lau knocked on our apartment door and asked both Justin and I to check the bags for Asaph's handphone. Peng Hock and Maung Myo were sleeping very soundly lol, we were quite noisy but they still slept lol. Then didn't manage to find anything. I heard that both Teng Wei and Asaph lost a handphone and RM$50 each. Coincidental? Who stole them?

Went to sleep at the couch afterwards. Justin was watching the television waiting for a soccer match but I heard he fell asleep too lol.

Ok so anyway, we had 3 workshops on the 2nd and 3rd day, 1 for each of the clinicians, Mr Arwin Tan, Dr Wong Su San and Dr Joshua Habermann. All 3 of them did Credo, and the 2 guys did Noyosa. They are really quite patient with us, managed to learn many things from them. Thank you clinicians!

By the way, every morning I realised that it was Maung Myo who waked me up instead of vice versa. Haha I am such a leader =D.

Last day: went shopping at some place. Well, not really shopping. Arcade again. Oh damn I lost to Pock Thong in Daytona USA, racing game. So malu haha. Oh our bus air-con had some problems so we had to stop somewhere to change bus. Changed to a bus which was very clean and cold. Haha cool sia.

Reached VS at around 7.15pm. After some debriefing and stuffs like that, we were dismissed.

Overall, I think that even though we didn't do well for our presentation of songs, the festival had really served it's purpose: to prepare us for SYF 2007. Like what Mr Kwei said:
This is only the start of the journey.




[Note: I may miss out some things, which I will add below when I remember about it. I will update about today's workshop next time.]

Rumours were spreading about this group of TKSS girls who find Bing Xing cute or something. Haha. I think it started from Leon's group, where (someone said that) they said the girls asked, "Who was the guy at the 2nd row, from Soprano, wear spectacles and is quite tanned?"

TKSS did a song which includes 2 beautiful lines which sounded like "Peng Hock, Peng Hock, Peng Hock, etc".

I think AJChoir and VJChoir both sang a song each written by Ko Matsushita, the arranger for next year's SYF Secondary School choirs Set Piece, "Everyone Sang".

A group of us found a playground after supposedly only trying to walk on the bridge. Played there haha. There were 2 very unstable swings, a small little see-saw and a slide, which was quite fast. Neng Wei fell on his butt after sliding down lol. I managed to stabilise myself though lol.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home