An Enemy Rush

Saturday, November 11, 2006

      post #3433915716916762040

I'm very sleepy. I slept at 3am and woke up at 6.30am, because I can't sleep. Funny human behaviour: when you want to sleep you can't sleep; when you don't want to sleep but yet you are sleepy, you fall asleep. That's what's happening now as well, I tried to take a nap just now but can't sleep.

Before today I spent some amount of time preparing for today's choir practice. Generally it went quite smoothly. After warm-ups today it was sectionals for half an hour, and Gabriel, Joshua and Justin were not here so I had to take the Tenors and Neng Wei had to take both SA. In the end Gabriel appeared some time later, but Justin didn't come because he was sick and Joshua because he had some China exchange programme that he needed to prepare.

Okay lucky Gabriel came anyway, because after sectionals, there was this practice for each level, and he's supposed to take the sec 2s. Pock Thong and I took the sec 1s, which is supposedly the hardest level to take. I started off with a simple singing exercise and I went "wah!", literally. Man, the sec 1s are good.

Ok so after some practice with them we went back to the Music Room. 10am exactly, on schedule. So each level sang Tantum Ergo and Wawaki, and what most of them did not realise is that I recorded their singing using Edwin's recorder that I borrowed. Thanks Edwin. I only told them after all 3 levels sang, and they were quite surprised. Haha, so evil. Well, practised with the whole choir. This time, they sounded much better. At least the level performance was quite a success, I would say, and I managed to achieve my aim for that practice. Ah well I recorded them again and they got surprised again. Haha. Well after which I told them I won't record anymore, which I kept my word.

Well practice ended quite early because I thought combines will take quite long but it didn't. So after some announcements and collection of stuffs we dismissed the choir and told them to be at Siglap South CC by 12pm. Then I sort of followed Ms Lau to have a sneak peek at the rooming list for Malacca.

Ok so after Mr Kwei's practice at SSCC I went to Jonathan's house to transfer the recordings into a CD, hoping to spend some time with the choir listening to the recordings and going through their mistakes on Tuesday before the performance. I'm glad the timings are quite good.

Almost fell asleep at Jonathan's house. Haha. We sorta chatted for more than 2 hours about choir... I think we should have recorded our conversation and let the choir listen or something like that, talked quite a lot on techniques and everything.

Just now I was ripping the recordings from the CD Jonathan burnt onto my computer. I was listening to them while I was typing this and I felt quite sick listening to different versions of Tantum Ergo and Wawaki over and over again. By the way, the 2nd most recent "rip" (and the only "rip" left) that was not deleted from "My Music" was exactly 1 year ago, 11th Nov 2005.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home