An Enemy Rush

Monday, November 06, 2006

      post #884255234684816860

Woo! Finally finished my Maths homework. Both E and A Maths! Combining both Maths together, I've used up 36 pieces of foolscap papers and 12 graph papers. What a waste man. Future generations would probably be doing all their homework on the computer. Haha.

I think I am quite slow, spending more than 1 week of the holidays to do both Maths. Deducting all the days where I am not in Singapore, and those days where I have choir practices, I think I have less than 3 more weeks to do homework. And to think that Maths, being the subject that I can do more productively, took me more than 1 week to do. Still left with the 3 Sciences, Geography AND SS, and the Chinese story book thing which I haven't even touched.

Talking about that, they seem to change the assignment now. Haha. Last time, it was plain boring, writing a few hundred characters on "Summary of contents" and few hundred characters on "Thoughts". Now it's more interactive, it seems. Haha. Okay I haven't really understood my assignment yet. I think I shall read that again next time.

The next assignments that I would probably (try to) do will be Physics and Chemistry, before moving on Languages and Humanities.

Anyway, to say, I haven't really finished my Maths. I left around 2 questions which I am stuck at. One of them is probably not taught yet, so I shall not attempt it. Another one is on Permutation and Combination. Have a go at it:
A garden centre sells 10 different varieties of rose bush. A gardener wishes to buy 6 rose bushes, all of different varieties. Of the 10 varieties, 3 are pink, 5 are red, and 2 are yellow. Calculate the number of ways in which her selection of 6 rose bushes contain at least 1 rose bush of each colour.

~ A-Maths Ten-Years' Series Pg 65 Qn 7 (iii).

Answer is at the back of the book but I dunno how to arrive at that answer, or maybe I know but I am not convinced.

Any solutions anyone? Please post as comments.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home