An Enemy Rush

Monday, October 23, 2006

      post #3166161560428966725

After recess today there was this CIP Project in the school hall. It's basically an event organised by South East CDC, and that we're supposed to fold paper cranes, and every paper crane folded will contribute 1 bowl of rice to... somewhere poor, I guess. And once our class heard that, we were bursting with laughter. Our class folded 1300 cranes within 13000 seconds last time during the VS 130 Challenge, and they were left in class waiting to be incinerated. We thought they can be used to contribute the bowls of rice. I mean, at last the cranes are given away for something charitable, or so we thought.

A few of us went up to take the cranes, but soon after that Desmond came back saying that cranes have to be folded with the papers provided. Oh man.

Our class worked quite fast, I guess. I sort of needed some guide before managed to get my first crane today. Well, at least I folded around 10 cranes and taught Joshua and Jonathan how to fold :).

The volunteers were showing us this video on how to fold and at the same time, teaching us via the microphone. I think not many people got it. Plus Tan Wei Liang was mocking at one of their weird Chinese accent, which sounded quite awkward.

This activity was quite meaningful lah, but it's kinda tiring because we had to be in the hall for around 2 hours. I think I was there for around 1½ hours only because I went down to the hall quite late, staying in class to play bridge.

Anyway, I will be adding a tagboard soon. Tagboard will be for general chat, so any comments to individual posts can be posted by clicking on "comments".

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home