An Enemy Rush

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

      post #2401639914838332499

Went for Geography tutorial this morning. 7am, whoa! So early. Was late as expected, but luckily the tutorial has not started yet. A 90-minute session on population geography really showed how much I knew (sarcastic) about the topic itself. Guess I did not study enough. Then Kevin was indirectly suanning me because he claimed that he has not studied yet but yet he knew so much.

Slept in the choir room for 2 hours before going to Bishan for the 2nd day of Nationals Schools Bridge Teams Championships. 1st day was yesterday. We played against 7 other teams from other schools (which actually means all teams) over 2 days, and I am quite proud to say that we thrash them badly (sarcastic), scoring in Victory Points: 20-10, 21-9, 25-0, 25-0, 25-2, 24-6, 20-10. Wow. I actually hoped that we could at least win 1 team (really!). Never mind, it was good experience, especially that our team consists of J1s only and all the other teams have J2s only and NO J1s.

There was one board where I made a grave mistake as my opponents overruff my winner with his master trump, resulting in contract down 1. Didn't catch that? That means I trumped my own winner and my opponent trumped with something bigger, so effectively I lost 1 trump which resulted in -100 score instead of +620.

Ok actually I didn't want to come today, but I am so nice because I know Hong Aik doesn't want to play contract bridge alone haha.

I guess no more contract bridge for the next few weeks. Really gotta study for mid-years, and after mid-years it will be Wales!

I hope I dun have nightmares about Bridge tonight (and for subsequent nights as well). I had a few recently and was having headaches about counting, trumping, bidding etc.

Oh yeah Dr Wong (president of Singapore Contract Bridge Association) was there. Then each team gets to take a picture with him. When it was our turn, the club manager said, "VJC will come back next year!" At first we were wondering what she meant... was she trying to encourage us after our heavy loss? Then we realised that it was because we were all J1s. Haha.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home