An Enemy Rush

Sunday, May 11, 2008

      post #4395524074846906245


New compound discovered. Methyl orange. Methyl is a CH3- functional group. So kinda connected to all the citric acid and stuffs...

Sorry, one of the many lame things that Wei Liang and I would do in LT5 lectures. That was done on Wednesday's chemistry lecture. The lecturer knocked him out I guess, with that ever wonderful tone of voice made specially to induce sleepiness.

I have been GPP-ing the whole day. I don't actually know what I have done so far, but I spent 90% of the time thinking of how and what to change for the GPP draft. Then suddenly I will lose my train of thought and gotta retry. Work done = Force times Distance, also equals to Productivity times Time spent on productive work. If you exert a great force on a solid wall and the distance travelled by the wall is zero, there is no work done. Similarly, if I spent my whole time thinking away and not doing any work at all, work done is equivalent to zero. So much Physics here!

Having a special ability has its pros and cons. I won't talk about its advantages. But when people know that you have such an ability, they tend to expect more from you. And when you don't do it properly, perhaps accidentally, you get blamed. This thought suddenly rekindled when Abel was talking to me yesterday about having perfect pitch. Having perfect pitch isn't something that is worth boasting about. Not only because of the reason mentioned above, sometimes when you have perfect pitch, you tend to feel irritated when you hear music of a different key, or even a fraction lower/higher than the original. You tend to make the music go back to its original key and it can be quite frustrating sometimes. You just cannot stand the music in the wrong key.

On the other hand, having perfect pitch has helped me to stay in pitch most of the time. I think without this ability I cannot sing in tune. Damn!

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home