An Enemy Rush

Friday, January 19, 2007

      post #133476146416502004

Woo! I feel damn good today.

PE after taking all the height and weight stuffs we went to play soccer. Played at one small stretch on the field (goalless) before splitting into 2 and our group played the big goal post. I took out my shoes and was a goalkeeper, Ryan was the goalie at the other end.

Jun Ren (who was in my team) told Mr Tan the score was 1-0 to us when it was still goalless. So in the end Mr Tan decided to help the other team. I think we were down 2-0 when he came in haha. Then he decided to help us and Ernest scored 2 goals in a few minutes. Not bad sia.

Then once Aditya shot against me. I managed to save it because it was somewhat in front of me, but couldn't catch the ball. Tried to catch the ball when it was on the ground, but either Timothy kicked it away just before I touched it or I missed. Lol. Then just when Timothy was about to shoot I pounced to block the goal, and the ball hit my face and went out. Woo!

Okay lah actually that was tyco. But considering that I haven't been a goalkeeper for such a long time and I haven't dived for even a longer time, it was great. Well once Gabriel tried to score from the left side of the goal, which ole me and it went out. Lucky me -.-

The score ended as a draw, 4-4. Not bad. Ryan was doing well as usual, he saved quite a lot of shots which were supposed to be goals. Ernest scored a hat-trick.

Oh yeah, quite funny when Mr Tan played for the opposing team. Someone kicked a high ball into the penalty area, and Mr Tan took out his spectacles and said, "My one, my one!" and then he headed the ball towards the goal, which was caught by me lah, because it was quite weak, but it was accurate.

For the next 5 PE lessons we have to go to the cable ski park for our PE lesson. I didn't sign up for it, because:
1) It's expensive. $60 for 5 sessions of around 1 hour each.
2) It's actually less than 1 hour per session. Not excluding the time for briefing of the activity, we still need to jog there, which takes around 15 minutes.
3) Even if we fully utilise the 60 minutes, we still have to spend our recess time jogging back to school, plus changing or showering.
4) If let's say 25 people in my class sign up, then what? We only get to go for 3 rounds around it ah? For $12.
5) I don't know how to swim, and Mr Tan said that we have to know how.
6) I'd rather ride a bike which I haven't done so for very long, plus the bike is free.
7) It's still too expensive.

Okay yeah. But anyway I think only a few are interested. Haha. Sorry, but I think 4A is like that. No choice.

Anyway, this morning's assembly went quite differently. Things went this way: The sec 3 prefect Changda said "School, attention!" when we were all seated (supposed to be the command: Good morning school). So Mr Maran was quite pissed off because half the school was laughing and asked whether anyone wants to volunteer to take over the prefect's job. This scholar from 3D was the only one to raise up his hand so he took over instead. After the ceremony, Principal spoke to us about why we are having the ceremony itself.

Okay I wasn't laughing when the prefect screwed up. Okay, I admit that I was smirking, but not because of that, but because I recalled an incident earlier this year (can't remember much details) whereby a prefect said "School... " something, when supposingly the same old command was to be given. Anyway, I think what Principal blamed us for was wrong. I think the whole school wasn't laughing at the ceremony itself, and neither were we laughing at the prefect. We were just probably laughing at the fact that someone said the command wrongly (note the difference). Simply because of the fact that no one was laughing when the whole national anthem was being sung, and when the pledge was being taken. Why don't we just laugh it off (and treat it as something outside of the ceremony) and carry on with life?

This afternoon we had both Chemistry and Physics test. Both tests were quite easy but I am not sure whether I will read any questions wrongly and make silly careless mistakes. I am actually hoping to score full marks for both papers.

Both tests were revision tests which cover the topics taught in sec 3. I didn't really study until this morning when I just took out my notebook to read. I don't believe in last minute mugging, though. I just wondered why so many people panic and start to study so many many days ago, and even until 5 minutes before the paper starts. I believe in consistent work.

I was quite surprised by one of the Physics MCQ Question:
Q14. By experiment, a student found the heat capacity of an object. How can be find the specific heat capacity of that same object from the heat capacity he obtained?

A) Find the mass of the object and multiply the heat capacity with it.
B) Find the mass of the object and divide the heat capacity by it.
C) It cannot be found in the school laboratory. It can only be found in science research books.
D) Both values are the same.


Read option C again. Read it again. Ask yourself this: What?! Okay most probably you would have asked it before reading that sentence. I think they ran out of options or something. And Benjamin Lin actually chose C!!!

Okay answer is B anyway.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home