An Enemy Rush

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

      post #7487520120132728209

Wah, I felt very stressed in school this morning. Suddenly worried about choir stuffs.

So I auditioned the rest of the choir today, those who did not get auditioned. Basically, the whole audition sucks, really. I am listening to clash chords while I audition them in quartet, meaning 1 from each section. They just can't sing well. No self-competence in them, and all pitch go haywire. Since when did VSChoir become like that? Is it that I am having too high expectation on a secondary school choir, which I shouldn't be?

I have chosen 75 people, together with the help of SLs, into SYF. If I could have a choice, I would have chosen 35 instead of 75. Among the 75, I put quite a number into KIV, and after discussing with SLs, we have 20 in KIV and 55 in SYF. Not really an accurate one, because if I could have a choice, again, I would have put 55 in KIV and 20 in SYF.

It's only 3 more weeks to SYF, and SLs need to train harder on the members. We are already going to start morning practice on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays starting from this Friday. Furthermore, we are adding Tuesday and Sunday practice in addition to Thursday and Saturday. Friday's practice may be on as well. Very tense.

Today Mr Low spoke to the choir about themselves getting prepared for SYF. After that, he spoke to Jonathan, Pock Thong and I, and the thing that I remembered most from what he said is that no matter how hard the practices may get, the purpose is to let them enjoy the music, otherwise the music itself won't flow out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home