An Enemy Rush

Sunday, March 18, 2007

      post #12526897344676503

This post is meant to be a RANT ABOUT HOMEWORK.

The school gives too much homework. Seriously. I'm writing what homework I'm left with.

1. English Comprehension. THREE of them. I will be done with ONLY ONE after finishing TWO MORE QUESTIONS.
2. E Maths holiday homework. Sadly, I have lost my protractor so I can't do some questions, but still, I am left with around one-quarter of it. ONE QUARTER.
3. E Maths normal assignment. I have no clue when we must hand in this, but I am not doing it. No time.
4. A Maths normal assignment. Same as number 3.
5. Physics Workbook. Until page 32?! Siao! Plus I dun understand the topic well, I can't do most of the questions. I attempted one or two pages before closing the book.
6. Physics Worksheet. I did the first page only, didn't bother to do the rest. Same reason as number 5.
7. Chemistry Workbook. Same as number 5 too.
8. Chemistry online quizzes. Same as number 5.
9. Chinese Essay.
10. Chinese Newspaper article report. How many? Not 1, not 5, but TEN OF THEM.
11. Biology Worksheet. No time.
12. CME assignment.
13. Social Studies Assignment. ONE WHOLE SOURCE-BASED QUESTION, OR 25 MARKS. Okay this one I admit was given very very long ago, just that I didn't do.

I hope that's about it. I won't type what I've done because it's actually quite little. But thing is, the school gives so much homework such that we have no time to do revision for our weaker subjects. This is especially true and should be directed straight to the Mathematics Department. Mathematics is my strongest subject (or 2nd), so I don't find why I must spend most of my homework time on Mathematics, which has contributed to about 30% of the homework load.

I must admit this so-called "holiday", which from dictionary.com means "a period of cessation from work", has been my least slack one so far. Firstly, I had a camp from Monday to Wednesday so I had to start planning and organising things from Saturday. There was practice on Thursday morning but I rushed home to do some homework, even though some of my choir friends went to each other's house. I even rejected Maung Myo's invitation to his new house on Saturday. However, despite all these of my leisure time being taken away, I still cannot finish my homework. Like I said, it's my least slack holiday so far. So it goes to say that there is simply too much homework for me to handle within this 9-day break.

Oh and I've not finished yet. Tomorrow (yes, tomorrow, MONDAY) is my Prelim English oral. I haven't really revised for it yet during the holiday, due to the lack of time. What should I do now? Panic? Let adrenaline rush through my blood vessels and cause breathing rate to increase, heart to pump faster and allow more glucose to be utilised?

Argh! Rawr!


Haix.

Okay, I've cooled down, so let's get back to reality.

I think our class is definitely going to ask Mr Pang for extension of deadline for both Maths and CME, so that one I can procrastinate a bit, well until I have finished my other homework. I'm sure (or I hope) he will understand our situation.

For Chemistry workbook, I think I am going to wait for Ms Yeo to finish teaching Energy Changes first, before attempting my workbook. Well, at least I have finished a worksheet. Also, the Chemistry Quizzes can wait, I think they will continue to be opened still.

As for Physics, I think the worksheet can wait. As for the workbook, I'll try to complete it tomorrow night or something. Have to read up on 2 chapters though. If I can't finish, I guess I will have to resort to copying Wei Liang's book.

English Comprehension can wait for a bit longer too, plus English is on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I hope Mr Ee can understand our situation too, as an Assistant Form Teacher of our class.

I will also try to rush through Biology worksheet and maybe Chinese essay tomorrow night, if I have time. As for the Chinese newspaper article report, I guess they'll be the last in my list, I hope I can be initiative enough to do them as soon as I have completed other homework, since Chinese 'O' level is in late May.

Social Studies assignment... hmmm... Tuesday night then, since I am having GeogSS on Wednesdays and Fridays.


And this will conclude my homework rant.

And this will conclude my March holiday for 2007. Goodbye.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home