An Enemy Rush

Saturday, October 11, 2008

      post #5229628702948726689

Whoa, today I nearly got knocked down by a car.

I was walking out of Siglap South CC after a long day (of Sports Fiesta and practice with VJC choir and Victoria Chorale). I was looking down and being confident that there were no cars along the thin stretch of road. However, I was wrong. Suddenly I heard a car honked at me. I looked up and saw a car just stopped right in front of me... I was quite scared at that time and immediately apologised to the driver (who just looked at me plainly through the window and drove off).

After that, I was reflecting through that. I realised that I was scared not because of injury/death, but I was scared of making the driver angry. I don't know why too. Perhaps I have been too lucky for my whole life that I don't see death in front of me. That's why I immediately apologised to the driver instead of running off to the side of the road.

It is the second time that I nearly got into a car accident. The first time happened quite recently, last year or 2 years ago, when I was crossing the road near my house. A taxi suddenly honked at me while I was crossing the road, but it braked quite a distance away from me. Then it drove off immediately.

I must conclude that I am a heckuva lucky person.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home