An Enemy Rush

Sunday, October 19, 2008

      post #5345060899329265426

Sometimes you get very influenced by what someone else says, even if you were previously being neutral and would prefer to be neutral. For example, if you find this person okay, but one of your friends dislikes him/her very much, then some time later, you will tend to dislike that person. This does not only apply to people, it applies to decisions as well. If you have a decision originally, and you get persuaded by people towards the decision opposite from your original one, you will tend to be swayed as well. In order to decide for yourself which is best, you should always try to take what people say with a pinch of salt. Comments made by others may or may not be useful, so you must decide whether to believe or not.

This week has been eventful. Yet I cannot remember much. For all I know, every day has been Chinese days... 2 hours of Chinese daily. And without fail, I would always enter the classroom at the last minute. Hey at least I am on time... it's better than being late :). But Chinese is boring. Not the subject though, and not really the teacher too, but rather, the lessons and materials given. Tomorrow is the Chinese Mock Examination, and another 10 days later will be the actual A-level examination. Hoorah after that.

Then there is Project Work occurring concurrently. We handed in our Written Report on Wednesday. Personally I think that we could have done better for our WR, but I guess our group is just too slack. I actually wanted to help to do more for the WR, but I think there is no drive. I need some "magic potion to improve my drive" (inside joke). Haha. Speaking about that, I really want to thank Ernest for doing so much for the WR... compiling, editing, formatting. I think without him, our group would have died already. Of course, thanks to my other group members too: June, Kelvin and Qianru. We still have Oral Presentation and Insights & Reflections to go... only 2 more weeks and this whole Project Work issue will be behind us forever. Go go!

Our OP is on the 31st of October, one day after Chinese. So lucky, or unlucky, up to you. It is on the first day of the whole OP, and I think our group is the very first one in the morning, so our group will most likely be the first batch of people in Singapore to finish presenting first. I&R will have to be submitted on the 3rd of November, which is good because I have the whole weekend to complete (and slack).

And there's choir. Choir is going to be busy with so many things going on. I am glad that there is no more Pre-Christmas Concert even though the committees spent quite some time discussing it, but it is all right. Now we can focus on the Siglap concert, CCAB stuffs, caroling, etc. Mr Kwei just gave us the SYF/SOV songs already, so I guess we can start working on them during the holidays. Plus the Musico will be planning some vocal lessons so these will definitely keep us occupied.

I think this coming week will be a very busy one for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home